Our dear friend Trish Hopkinson, one of the main organizers of the Provo poetry group, Rock Canyon Poets, also has her own website where she talks about poetry and often posts calls for submissions. She has been published in several journals and offers a lot of support to the staff of peculiar. We love her!
She’s recently been sending submission notices our way that she thinks peculiar writers might also be interested in. So while we’re hard at work making our final selections for the second issue of peculiar, here are some other journals that are currently taking submissions from queer writers:
- Assaracus, currently seeking a portfolio of up to ten poems from specifically gay men.
- Feminist Spaces, currently seeking academic papers, creative writing, and art on the topic “Queering Feminism: LGBTQ and Feminist Intersectionality.” Deadline is October 15th.
- Educe, currently seeking poetry, fiction, and non-fiction from queer writers.
- Crab Fat Magazine, currently seeking poetry, art, fiction, and non-fiction for a special issue celebrating queer people of color. Deadline is December 15th.
- Broad!, currently seeking work from female, trans, and genderqueer writers. Deadline is October 15th.
- Lavender Review, currently seeking poetry and art from lesbian writers and artists.
Of course there are many more, but this should be a good starting place. Happy submitting!
3 thoughts on “Calls for Submissions with Queer Focuses”
I love how you are contributing to the poetry community and the greater literary community as well. Especially for writers and artists who are not always well-represented in the mainstream. peculiar staff rocks!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks for the shout-out!
Reblogged this on Trish Hopkinson and commented:
Thanks to the staff of peculiar for the recommendation and also for sharing six open calls for LGBTQIA-friendly lit mags… check them out and if you qualify, get those submissions in!